Skip to main content

A MAN’S PERSPECTIVE ON INFIDELITY

A MAN’S PERSPECTIVE ON INFIDELITY


Hello,
So I have been accused of not being fair in my sample collection. I have also been accused of being “pro-decent women”, being a feminist in my blog and not asking the males what goes on in their mind. I took the initiative to then go and ask a couple of regular “omo boys” about their perspective on fidelity/infidelity.

O.G is a single, working class guy who is less than 30, I know him a bit and know his ways. After reading my last post, I asked him what his thoughts on it were and why the trend is changing.

Me: Hey, so what’s your thoughts on this whole body count thing?

O.G: I don’t know. It doesn’t really bother me.

Me: So why guys unfaithful generally?

O.G: Now, that’s rather unfair. You are generalizing everyone. I’m a good guy.

Me: Right, I know of at least 6 of your escapades and I don’t monitor you, so tell that to your girls.

O.G: The truth is women will never understand. I guess we are built differently. I’m not trying to sound vulgar but there isn’t anything like a new hit.

Me: *RME* Really? So because a new hit, you are willing to destroy years of a relationship.

O.G: Hmmm, that means you are assume I’m thinking. You don’t think of home girl. Na, it’s a just do it thing. It’s about the chase. After hitting it, you realise it’s the same old thing and might not even be as good as home-girl.

Me: So why bother if it’s the same old thing?

O.G: I don’t know! Maybe we are just dumb.

Me: I guess you are. Hiss. So how would you feel if home girl does the same?

O.G: wow!! That would really hurt me. It takes a lot for a girl to cheat. It’s more emotional for her. We have the ones who do it for the fun of it but a regular girl, it means more.

Me: So if it hurts you, why do you do the same to her?

O.G: you still assume we think about it. We don’t think about it. Don’t think of the pros or cons, nor how it makes home girl feel; we just do it. Girls think about the pros and cons of cheating, I guess that’s why you guys try to rationalize when a man cheats.

Me: I can’t understand it sha. I guess Men are from Mars and women are from Venus.

Now, the next interview was O.U, a 30 something year old who is married and I also happen to know of his escapades. I do need new male friends. Sigh

Me: Hey, so what’s your thoughts on this whole body count thing?

O.U: well, it used to bother me before. I didn’t want to be with anyone who had a high body count but I have realised that body count is a social construct that has double standards. It’s ok for a guy to have a HBC but we tell women not to do the same. Both men and women have needs, and these needs have to be met.

Me: you lot have a problem, so amassing body count is how to meet your need?

O.U: Na you know, stop being judgemental.

Me: what’s your take on infidelity?

O.U: I think it’s more of an ego thing. You see this girl with like 50 guys on her case. You think these guys have nothing on me. You start the chase. You hit it several times, get bored and move on. Usually takes a time of 2-3 months.

Me: So what of the Mrs? Do you think about the fact you are hurting her? What if she find out?

O.U: you assume we think about the consequences *at this point, I had started rolling my eyes and kmt, O.U and O.G were beginning to sound alike*

Me: you must think the Mrs, stupid when you say that she won’t find out.

O.U: I don’t think so, I don’t even think about the fact she would find out.

Me: How would you feel if the Mrs cheats on you?

O.U: well, we will move on no ni.

Me: Move on together or apart?

O.U: Together, I guess I deserve what I get!

Me: O ba e yi. (Literal translation: it’s rolling with you)

O.U: What you fail to realise is that a man cheats with a new ***** while a woman cheats with a familiar person. That is the reason women try to understand why men cheat. For women, there is an emotional investment so they can’t fathom why you have something with someone you have no feelings for.

Me: You don’t have feelings for them? Ha!! Ok o!! So why do it in the first place? What if you catch feelings?

O.U: The rule is, you don’t go after someone you see yourself settling for. That’s getting things complicated. You have to avoid that.

Me: in other words, you go for the loose ones?

O.U: Not really, just someone you don’t like.

Me: It is well with your souls. I shall pray for you.

So my darlings, these are words from the regular Lagos omo boys. What are your thoughts???? Do you share their opinions?
Drop a comment and don’t forget to share.

XOXOXOXO
FM




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KARMA IS ON SABBATICAL!!!!

WHEN THE ‘ABNORMAL’ BECOMES NORMAL, KARMA GOES ON SABBATICAL So I have been meaning to write this post but I kept shelving it because “it seemed a bit judgmental”. However, a few recent social media events made me share this. A few days back, the best girls were hanging together and one of them causally mentioned how Karma seems to be on leave. She asked if we noticed that “the bad girls” that we were warned not to be like growing up seem to be the norm of the day. It seems that “being a decent girl” is a bit outdated and doesn’t earn you the golden prize after all. She said she was talking to a colleague who hinted that the body count of girls between the ages of 23-25 were as much as 50-70. I laughed at the exaggeration, she also felt the same. He, however broke it down for her. The average young girl now, borrowing a phrase from my colleague has an early consensual sexual initiation, usually at about 15-16, if not earlier (I shudder at the thought of this). These

THE CASE OF CRAZY MARY.

THE CASE OF CRAZY MARY!! ADVICE PEOPLE Good day people,  Today I'm here to ask for advice on behalf of a dear friend.  This is the story of my friend who has permitted me to share his story as he is very confused to say the least. My friend; let's call him Nick. Let me give you a quick back ground on Nick. He is a young up and coming guy. Doing relatively well, good job, mama's boy sort of. He lives alone.  Nick meets this young girl let's call her Mary. Mary is a "good" girl. Just finished university. So she is young.  Nick likes Mary, the chase is on. Mary says she only wants a serious relationship. She isn't into the Lagos hook up thing. Nick decides to date Mary and be as committed as he can be. Lagos boys.  Things are going well with the usual hitches in any relationship. He however notices Mary is a tad bit intense. She  calls about 6-8 times at once. She rants and raves when he finally picks up the phone. She goes through h

DEAR MEN!!!

DEAR MEN!! Dear men, Yeah!! You!! Especially the African men. Most especially the Nigerian men, the Lagos boys!! Yes. I'm talking about you!! Stop 🛑!!!  I look around and see our parents and I wonder where it all went wrong. We see our mothers living solely for their kids and God. No plans with their husbands. I see a lot of older women who can't for the life of them be bothered with their spouses. You hear " eh he has gone out again, I'm going out. There is food in the house" or the painful ones " he wasted his youth on those strays and expects me to sit with him now in his old age that he is sick. Never!!" We have our mothers who haven't been to Nigeria in years. They have relocated to "the abroad" or wherever their kids are. They haven't seen their spouses in years and grumble whenever he visits them. They have built a life that doesn't involve him. They are married but separated from the husband.  This u